Hi all-

We'd like to switch Apple's Windows WebKit port to build with Visual Studio
2010 sometime in the next 6-8 months, and to drop support for building with
Visual Studio 2005 at the same time.

The biggest consequence of this will be that anyone wishing to build Apple's
Windows port will have to switch from VS2005/VC++ Express 2005 to VS2010 or
VC++ Express 2010. This change should not affect applications that use WebKit,
as we don't pass memory ownership across the WebKit API boundary (i.e.,
mallocing memory inside WebKit for the application to free later, or
vice-versa).

I wanted to send this email as a heads-up for Windows developers. People
working on the Cairo/libcurl/CFLite port, which shares project files with
Apple's port, need to be especially aware of this change, since it will require
converting our .vcproj/.vsprops files to the VS2010 format.

Please let me (and the list) know if this change will cause you trouble, and if
there's something we can do to make the transition easier. You can also comment
in <http://webkit.org/b/53445>, which tracks this effort. Thanks!

-Adam