WebKittens,

As you may know, Emil and I have been diligently working on getting
subpixel layout up and running in WebKit. After much testing, we
settled on a fixed point implementation instead of floats; we're happy
to discuss how we arrived at this decision. We're currently in a state
where we pass most of the layout tests and many (but not all) of the
remaining failures are due to rounding differences that are desirable.

As such, we've moved our efforts to a public branch on the WebKit.org
svn server, and would love early feedback and advice. Our branch
currently runs the following ports: Mac, Qt, Chromium-Linux, and
Chromium-Mac. Any advice or help bringing up other platforms would be
greatly appreciated.

You can check our work out here:
http://svn.webkit.org/repository/webkit/branches/subpixellayout
(currently branched from r98654 and we'll continue to track head by a
day or two)

Thanks,
Emil and Levi