On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 11:41 AM, Darin Adler <da...@apple.com> wrote:

> We may find we can automate (3) with a script. It sounds pretty mechanical.

It appears that W3C mandates author name, etc... be included in the meta
data as well but I guess we can add something like "WebKit Community" or
"WebKit Authors"? W3C folks told us we can create a WebKit directory under
submissions so we can put all tests we export from our layout tests suite
there with some canonical author name.

For (2), I would name the reference files *-expected.html to fit in with
> other formats of expected results such as *-expected.txt and *-expected.png.

I'm sure this was discussed in length when we first implemented reftests,
but the problem with that name convention is that some ref-tests expect the
actual result to differ from the reference fie. That's why we currently use
-match.html / -mismatch.html  Given W3C test suites use -ref.html and
-noref.html, it seems more natural for us to follow their naming convention.

- Ryosuke