On 12/5/11 3:18 PM, Brent Fulgham wrote:
As I've matured (or perhaps become more curmudgeonly), I now find
greater satisfaction in systems that "just work". Minimizing the
number of variables that come into play when rendering pages just
seems like a smart approach. Consider also the massive shift currently
underway in the mobile space.  Flash has been abandoned in favor of
standardized tools available on multiple platforms with no need for
the user to locate, install, and maintain external VMs or other
infrastructure.

Adobe's Air has reasonably tight integration with WebKit. Not to the extent being proposed here, but it is an active example. I think this issue is better examined from the scope of webkit than from the realm of universal web technologies.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, the proposal here is that webkit support <script type> in a sufficient manner.

What individual webkit vendors do with that is up to them.

-Charles