On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 3:14 PM, Peter Kasting <pkast...@chromium.org>wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Ojan Vafai <o...@chromium.org> wrote:
>
>>  On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 2:29 PM, Peter Kasting <pkast...@chromium.org>wrote:
>>
>>> Is there rationale for Gecko's behavior?  It sounds a bit strange.
>>>

>> Not that I know of. I haven't talked to anyone at Gecko about it though.
>>

> Might be nice to try and find someone appropriate there to ping.
>  Surprised the topic didn't come up as path of the whatwg discussions you
> mentioned (since it's usually good to understand why the world is the way
> it is as a starting point).

roc clarified that the Mozilla behavior is to move focus if the element is
focusable. I'm OK with changing our behavior to match Gecko since that's a
strict improvement in my view and it's arguable whether we should or
shouldn't move focus when you click in the scrollbar of a mouse-focusable
element.

To be clear, the only change from our current behavior would be that when
you click on a scrollbar of an element that is not mouse-focusable, we
wouldn't move focus. This seems clearly superior to our current behavior
and matches what we do for viewport scrollbars.

Whether we should extend this to scrollbars of mouse-focusable elements can
be a separate discussion.