On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 1:30 AM, Jochen Eisinger <joc...@chromium.org> wrote:
> Will the buildbots use ninja or the "native" build tools?
>
> My only concern is that we're catching problems with e.g. MSVS only after we
> roll the WebKit deps in chromium and one of the MSVS bots starts failing.

Eric is only suggesting changing update-webkit and build-webkit, which
means that only the webkit.org bots would be affected. As long as the
chromium.org canaries are still using chromium checkouts (and the
native build systems), we'll still have coverage.

Of course, your point is still valid for other scenarios where we
don't have coverage of what we use on the official builds, but as Nico
pointed out in a separate thread, so far this hasn't been a frequent
problem.

-- Dirk