Thanks all for the detailed replies.

I wasn't aware of the distinction made between points and vectors for
the purposes transforms. However, if I understand things correctly,
introducing a vector type could be considered separately from the
issue I initially raised.

It seems that everyone is agreed that xxxSize should be used only when
you really want to represent a size. A good first step would be trying
to enforce this, such that all points and vectors are represented with
xxxPoint. As Shawn points out, when doing this, we need to make sure
that we continue to use the correct homogeneous coordinate for
transforms. Removing the existing subtraction operator (xxxPoint minus
xxxPoint returns xxxSize) might be a good place to start.

Introducing the concept of a vector could then be done in a second phase.

WDYT?

Steve