Subject: Re: [webkit-dev] Error while building webkit on windows
From: bfulg...@apple.com
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 14:21:38 -0800
CC: alex.christen...@flexsim.com; gur.t...@gmail.com;
webkit-dev@lists.webkit.org
To: baskar...@hotmail.com

Hi,
The problem is with the processing of the CSSGrammar.y file.
On Mar 5, 2014, at 1:52 AM, Baskar CV <baskar...@hotmail.com> wrote:10>
./CSSGrammar.y:62.1: error: syntax error, unexpected end of file
10>  open3: exec of /usr/bin/gcc -E -P -x c++ -DENABLE_3D_RENDERING
-DENABLE_CHANNEL_MESSAGING -DENABLE_CSS_BOX_DECORATION_BREAK
-DENABLE_CSS_FILTERS -DENABLE_CSS_IMAGE_SET -DENABLE_CSS_REGIONS
-DENABLE_CSS_SHAPES -DENABLE_CSS_SHAPE_INSIDE -DENABLE_CSS_STICKY_POSITION
-DENABLE_CSS_TRANSFORMS_ANIMATIONS_TRANSITIONS_UNPREFIXED
-DENABLE_DETAILS_ELEMENT -DENABLE_FILTERS -DENABLE_FULLSCREEN_API
-DENABLE_GEOLOCATION -DENABLE_HIGH_DPI_CANVAS -DENABLE_ICONDATABASE
-DENABLE_LEGACY_CSS_VENDOR_PREFIXES -DENABLE_MATHML
-DENABLE_MEDIA_CONTROLS_SCRIPT -DENABLE_MEDIA_STATISTICS -DENABLE_METER_ELEMENT
-DENABLE_PAGE_VISIBILITY_API -DENABLE_PROMISES -DENABLE_REQUEST_ANIMATION_FRAME
-DENABLE_SHARED_WORKERS -DENABLE_SQL_DATABASE -DENABLE_SUBPIXEL_LAYOUT
-DENABLE_SVG -DENABLE_SVG_FONTS -DENABLE_TEMPLATE_ELEMENT -DENABLE_VIDEO
-DENABLE_VIDEO_TRACK -DENABLE_VIEW_MODE_CSS_MEDIA -DENABLE_WEB_SOCKETS
-DENABLE_XHR_TIMEOUT -DENABLE_XSLT /webkit/Source/WebCore/css/CSSGrammar.y.in
failed at /webkit/Source/WebCore/bindings/scripts/preprocessor.pm line 81
10>      ...propagated at /webkit/Source/WebCore/css/makegrammar.pl line 84.
10>  /webkit/Source/WebCore/DerivedSources.make:842: recipe for target
'CSSGrammar.cpp' failed
10>  make: *** [CSSGrammar.cpp] Error 2
10>  make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
10>  CSSPropertyNames.gperf: No keywords in input file!
10>  calling gperf failed: 256 at /webkit/Source/WebCore/css/makeprop.pl line
306.
10>  /webkit/Source/WebCore/DerivedSources.make:785: recipe for target
'CSSPropertyNames.h' failed
10>  make: *** [CSSPropertyNames.h] Error 1
Things to check:
1. Is CSSGrammar.y complete? Make sure the checkout didn’t get messed up in
some fashion.2. Do you have gperf, flex, and bison installed?  You need
flex/bison to process the grammar file and turn it into the stub implementation.
10>  CSSPropertyNames.gperf: No keywords in input file!

This makes me think that you do NOT have gperf installed. Did you use our
Cygwin installer package? Or are you using your own local install?
If you are using your own install from the Cygwin website, you should use the
Setup.exe utility and make sure that flex, bison, and gperf are installed.
Thanks,
-Brent