This is for implementing the windowWillUseStandardFrame:defaultFrame: method on
OS X, which enables the green button to do an optimized zoom.  How can I find
out what height and width a WebView wants to be if it had infinite screen
space?  If it negotiates the size instead, assume that the maximum width is X
and height is Y (which I would compute within
windowWillUseStandardFrame:defaultFrame:).  These views have scrollbars within
their window, so they must have an internal notion of what size they want to be.

This has to work whether or not the WebView is showing either HTML or anything
else.

Asking a similar question on the Cocoa list, a respondent lamented that web
browsers these days just punt on the question and go full screen.  I don’t want
to do that.

—
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie