I’ve done some experiments with automagically building the unified source
files. I have some data that I’ll share with the rest of WebKit when I have
more information. But as a quick note, since my current approach to unified
sources has the build system decide which cpp files to bundle together, the
number of cpp files in the same translation unit will probably be if you think
you will likely be doing a lot of incremental builds.

I agree that there are definitely a number of downsides to unified sources.
Ultimately, my primary goal is to make the developer experience as smooth as
possible, I’m less concerned with production build times. Although, I would
like to improve production build times also.

Cheers,
Keith