02.08.2017, 10:36, "gaurav.arad...@wipro.com" <gaurav.arad...@wipro.com>:
> Hi,
>
> We are trying to port Webkit on an embedded platform from version 74xxx to
> 184849 (from Webkit turnk version in 2010 to  version in 2015). Currently we
> have custom implementation of OpenGl 1.x running on the hardware. I have few
> questions regarding the OpenGl version to use for our platform:
>
> * We want to continue using our custom OpenGl implementation 1.x for the
> targeted WebKit revision 184849 (approximate). In the code I see conditional
> compilation flag OPENGL_ES_2 (uses gl2.h) and in the else part we are using
> gl.h (which seems to be OpenGl 1.x header). So can we continue using our
> custom OpenGl 1.x implementation (fixed function pipeline)? Ofcourse there
> could be few additional tweaks/functions / extensions to be supported by the
> custom OpenGl implementation.

I think this question was answered multiple times on the list already.

> * What versions of OpenGl can HTML5 Canvas Implementation use? I suppose one
> option is OpengGl 2.0 ES, what are the others? Also please specify if its ES
> or desktop version.

Canvas (2D) is *raster* graphics API. It works as long as GraphicsContext
methods are implemented, no matter how.

There is ENABLE(ACCELERATED_2D_CANVAS) flag, but AFAIU it's port-independent
part still doesn't depend on how you implement it for your platform.

However, 3D canvas (WebGL) requires OpenGL ES 2

> Thanks a lot in advance!
>
> Best Regards
> Gaurav

> message and any attachments. WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via
> email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the
> presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused
> by any virus transmitted by this email. www.wipro.com
> ,

Konstantin