On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 6:44 PM, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanz...@igalia.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 9:13 PM, Nagendra K <pingnagen...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Dean,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
> I actually have a embedded device with opengl es 1.1 and WebKit which is 7
> years old, now requirement is to update the WebKit using the same opengles1.1
> i.e. no option to update opengles1.1.
> So as you said we need opengles2 or opengl4 to upgrade WebKit as WebKit has
> dependencies with opengl for some features. Is this correct?
> Do I any other option to do this.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Nagendra
>

> Hi Nagendra,
>
> You are not going to get WebKit working with OpenGLES 1.1 unless you have an
> experienced engineer making large modifications to the source code. Instead,
> you should just turn off OpenGL/OpenGLES support. Just build with
> -DENABLE_OPENGL=OFF. It is optional, you just lose hardware acceleration. You
> should hopefully have no trouble with this.
>
> If you have a requirement to use OpenGLES regardless, then you may need to
> reevaluate the feasibility of your project.

Indeed... we did such port for a customer based on WebKit-EFL (now
out-of-tree) and it worked, but was a major pain to get there due
CoordinatedGraphics and TextureMapper being heavy on GL calls...
however in our case it was software rendering only, no GL at all.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems