CMake on Mac should not affect the decision here.  I added that as a hack in
http://trac.webkit.org/r172346 as part of an experimental project that isn’t
being used by anyone.  If we decide to resume CMake on Mac development and that
has moved, we will find a better way to solve the same build problem.