> On May 10, 2019, at 1:07 PM, Darin Adler <da...@apple.com> wrote:
>
>> On May 10, 2019, at 1:00 PM, Keith Miller <keith_mil...@apple.com> wrote:
>>
>> I don’t know if this is possible but it would be great if some
>> sub-directories could be excluded from the no-tabs pre-commit hook.
>
> Maybe we can rewrite the pre-commit hook to allow a whole-directory
> exception. Ideally I’d prefer not to hardcode directories.

I’m not sure I know what you mean by allow a whole-directory exception. Do you
mean a top level directory? Or some kind of parameter we pass to the hook to
ignore some directory for that run?

I was thinking about excluding OpenSource/JSTests/ and maybe
OpenSource/LayoutTests/ as these are the two directories where I expect all, if
not most, tests that have tabs to live.

>> it’s pretty inconvenient to add the svn attribute that allows tabs every
>> time I update the tests
>
> Does it really have to be inconvenient? Can we make script that does this and
> check it in so anyone can run it? Or build it into webkit-patch or whatever
> tool you already use?

We could do this. One remaining problem, however, is that you can’t commit with
git-svn as it doesn’t support svn properties (or at least I wasn’t able to
figure it out).

Cheers,
Keith