On Wed, Oct 20 2021 at 02:07:56 AM +0200, Pablo Correa Gomez via webkit-dev <webkit-dev@lists.webkit.org> wrote:
 - Rename USE_SYSTEMD to USE_JOURNALD and have a conditional check
which looks for elogind if libsystemd is not found, similar to the hack
I used for proof-testing.

This one! Do this one! We don't need two different build options for systemd vs. elogind, when all we really care about is whether the journald API is available.

Michael

P.S. (We might also consider adding an environment variable to redirect all log messages to stderr. This is *almost* possible now after https://trac.webkit.org/changeset/283469/webkit, but requires more playing with the #if guards. Don't worry about this if you're not interested in working on it. I just mention it in case that sounds like your idea of an exciting project. ;)