> On Sep 29, 2022, at 18:54, Ryosuke Niwa via webkit-dev
> <webkit-dev@lists.webkit.org> wrote:
>
>> Introduction.md is definitely not the right place for much of this, so that
>> leaves the GitHub Wiki (which, I might point out, was never discussed as a
>> community either, I started it so we could discuss migrating Trac in the
>> future, but it’s never been officially “blessed") or Brandon’s DocC
>> documentation repo as the two proposed choices
>

> I don’t think those two are only solutions. Namely, I suggest we create a new
> documentation repository using a cross-platform tool written in Python, Ruby,
> or Perl such that contributors don’t need to learn yet another programming
> language or runtime thereof.

For what it’s worth: I just tried out the Linux workflow, and was honestly
surprised at how easy it was, compared to my experiments with Swift on Linux
years ago. I had to download and extract Swift from swift.org
<http://swift.org/>, and run an apt-get command listed on the download page.
Then, `make preview` built the docs in less than a second and started a local
server.

Perhaps “install Swift” is too much of a barrier for access. But if we’re okay
with asking contributors to do that, building the docs locally appears to be
very simple.