We (Igalia) plan to discontinue our maintenance of WebKit on MIPS.

- First, we will stop the MIPS buildbots for JSC on November 1st 2023.
- Soon afterwards, we plan to submit a patch to remove any MIPS-specific code (mainly JIT support).

The upcoming WPE 2.42 should be the last stable version to include platform-specific optimisation (such as JITs) for MIPS.

Beyond that, WebKit and JSC should keep working on MIPS using the CLOOP backend (though, if anyone depends on JSC on MIPS, they should test that it does). However, there will be no JIT support and the code will not even be build-tested.

If anyone has an interest in keeping WebKit working well on MIPS, please step up or contact us about it directly.

JFYI,
Angelos