Arunprasad -

On Nov 9, 2012, at 2:23 AM, Arunprasad Rajkumar <ararunpra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As per my understanding PLUGIN_PROXY_FOR_VIDEO tries to use plugin to
> playback <video>,</audio> elements. But I don't find any real implementation
> still.

  Correct, the PLUGIN_PROXY_FOR_VIDEO code path allows a port to use a plug-in
to implement the <video>/<audio> back-end.

> I need some information regarding proxy implementation.
>
> Do the plugin which needs to act like a proxy for Audio/Video Elements must
> implement all the methods specified by html5 AV spec ? (or) It can just
> expose the methods which are expected from MediaPlayerPrivateInterface? It
> would be nice have some information about this.

  The idea is that an implementation of MediaPlayerPrivateInterface uses an
interface exposed by a plug-in to implement (some of) the "media engine" back
end to set up and control a media playback. There isn't a sample plug-in, but
it should be fairly simple to figure out how it works.

  I don't know if it is currently functional, but the WinCE port takes a
similar approach without defining PLUGIN_PROXY_FOR_VIDEO - see
WebCore/platform/graphics/wince/MediaPlayerProxy.cpp. Note that this code has
quite a number of layering violations that would need to be fixed before a
patch based on it could be successfully reviewed today.

eric