Hey all,

I've been diving into po4a with the goal of making Markdown a lot easier
to use with Weblate.  I heard mention that there has been some
discussion of this already in Weblate, so I'm writing to sync up with
any Weblate efforts here.

The first specific question is: will Weblate implement Markdown parsing
in Python, or use po4a?  Or do something else?

Also, any thoughts on how Weblate can automatically detect Markdown in
PO/POT files so that it can automatically add md-text and other Markdown
checks and modes?

FYI, two small but notable improvements were just merged in po4a:

* type: Code fence info string should not be translatable
  https://github.com/mquinson/po4a/issues/194

* text inside Markdown code fences is marked as "#. type: Plain text"
  https://github.com/mquinson/po4a/issues/195

And I'm currently working on handling YAML Front Matter in po4a:
https://github.com/mquinson/po4a/issues/196

.hc

--
PGP fingerprint: EE66 20C7 136B 0D2C 456C  0A4D E9E2 8DEA 00AA 5556
https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0xE9E28DEA00AA5556