WEBMGRS Digest for Sunday, March 11, 2012.

1. Re: webmgrs digest: March 08, 2012
2. Re: webmgrs digest: March 08, 2012

Subject: Re: webmgrs digest: March 08, 2012
From: Ruth Wahtera <wahtera.r...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 17:22:21 -0500

I agree with Harriet and Diane, and I'd like to address the issue of
copyright that Kay's statement brings up.

I recommend that you not copyright. The our goal is to educate, to get
information out, not to protect our revenue. Personally, I'm delighted when
someone shares our materials. Of course I love to get credit, but that's
gravy. The important thing is sharing.

Besides, it's difficult to police copyrights. So what's the point?

I tend to be silent on the copyright issue or use the increasingly
common Creative
Commons licensing system. <http://creativecommons.org/licenses/>

Ruth Wahtera | 845-339-6568  <http://grant-writing-resources.blogspot.com/>
Connect: [image: LinkedIn] <http://www.linkedin.com/in/ruthwahtera> [image:
Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/help/?page=806#%21/ruth.wahtera?ref=profile>
[image:
Twitter] <http://twitter.com/Wahtera>

From: EA Lawson <ealaw...@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 18:03:58 -0800

Any reputable internet hosting service will continually scan the files
on it's servers to detect malware. Several times a virus/worm infected
my branch website or personal website.  In all instances, the server
host removed the malware, notified me and asked me to change my
password.  Also, users need to have security software installed that
scans incoming email and monitors visited websites to detect security
risks.

Elaine Lawson
AAUW Laguna Beach

---