Thanks Peter and Greg.

I modified the code according to your suggestions and got it working.

On Nov 15, 2005, at 5:38 PM, Peter Vandoros wrote:

You can overide savePage() in Session and don't call super.savePage() for your "TaskStatus" page. This won't add the page into the session cache.

Thanks

Peter

Ricardo Parada wrote:

I have a little app that displays a page where the user clicks a hyperlink that invokes a component action that starts a thread of a long running process.

The page then displays again showing that the task in in-progress.  I then use _javascript_'s XMLHttpRequest to get status information periodically and update a section of the HTML on the page to show the user the elapsed time, what it's doing, status and stuff like that.

The _javascript_ code checks the status of the task until it completes.  When the status is complete I submit the form on the page to cause it to redisplay.  However, when I do that I get this error:

You backtracked too far.
The application backtracking limit of 30 has been exceeded.

Any ideas how to avoid this error?

The direct action that generates the page with the status information that is sent to the browser is as follows:

    public WOActionResults checkStatusAction() {
        return pageWithName("TaskStatus");
    }

TaskStatus component simply returns the XML containing the status information for the running task.

The checkStatusAction is called by the _javascript_ on the browser using XMLHttpRequest.

I read the WebObjects documentation on page caching but I still can't figure out how to avoid this error.

If anyone has any ideas please shoot me an email.

Thanks,
Ricardo Parada

_______________________________________________ Do not post admin requests to the list. They will be ignored. Webobjects-dev mailing list (Webobjects-dev@lists.apple.com) Help/Unsubscribe/Update your Subscription: http://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/peter%40etechgroup.com.au This email sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]