The short answer is that you can't do this. No way, period.

The longer answer is that you *might* be able to do this by creating an empty column when WO wants its PK (by using the EOAccess delegates, take care of non-null and the like), return its PK from the JDBC channel, stuff it in thread storage and then use another delegate method to munge the adaptor operations to switch from insert to update for this row.

Having said that, I wouldn't want to be the one to implement that...