On 16 Nov 2005, at 11:31, Georg Tuparev wrote:

Robert,

Thanks for the suggestion.

The problem is neither with curl nor with the DA. I tested this excessively. It is something in the middle that breaks (WO adaptor perhaps)... but I am really tapping in the dark...

cheers

gt

I agree. I would suspect that a timeout is occurring in the woadaptor, and presumably the woadaptor is not using the configured timeout values. Georg, can you record and analyse the tcp i/o by doing something like

        # /usr/local/bin/tcpflow -i lo0 port 2004

on the machine running the application?

So why might the woadaptor be ignoring timeout settings, or doing something else unexpected? I had thought about the connect timeout rather than the response timeout; if there were other other requests for which it takes many seconds to generate a response, then the woadaptor might return early; but then it would generate a "no instance available" page.

I had also thought that perhaps the response the application generates could be malformed, from the point of view of the adaptor; perhaps the content-length header is missing or incorrect. That would explain why the problem doesn't show up with direct connect, but doesn't explain why it's an intermittent problem via the woadaptor.

--
Patrick Middleton
OneStep Solutions plc