On Dec 13, 2005, at 7:44 AM, Thomas Friesen wrote:

I am just beginning to work with WebObjects/EnterpriseObjects, and as an Ingres DBA, am rather interested in accessing the system catalogues (iitables, iirelations, etc.) via Enterprise Objects. I was a little surprised that I was able to have EO connect and pick up the user tables with no extra effort.

But can I somehow have EO recognise the system tables for reading. (In Ingres, system catalogues are readable by any database user, and are read using standard SQL statements.)

Ideas would be appreciated. Known solutions would be fantastic!

It can definitely read them, this is how it finds the user tables etc. It should be "just" a matter of figuring out what prefix is needed on the table name (e.g. system.iitables instead of just iitables).

Good luck!

Coming in 2006 - an introduction to web applications using WebObjects and Xcode http://www.global-village.net/wointro