On Dec 14, 2005, at 6:20 PM, Arturo Pérez wrote:

Zak Burke wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 12/13/05 3:57 PM:
In my experience, WO will update attributes persisted to the DB, but for relations it only pulls from its cache.

AFAIK, That's only true if you don't use EOF to make the relationship changes (think trigger or such) OR your code is wrong.

-arturo

P.S.  I am willing to concede that I may be wrong about this.

Settle for kinda half wrong sometimes?  :-P

I think what Zak may be thinking of is to-many relationships. For example, take an instance that fetches an object (which I will cleverly call A) and that object has a to-many relationship to objects B, C and D which are also fetched (the to-many fault is fired). If _another_ instance then deletes object B and edits object C and adds object E to this relationship, the first instance will see the edits to object C (if it does a refreshing fetch etc), but will not see that B has been removed or that E has been added to the to- many relationship. EOF caches _which_ objects are in the relationship and that does not get refreshed when one might expect that it would.

Coming in 2006 - an introduction to web applications using WebObjects and Xcode http://www.global-village.net/wointro