Hello,

We followed Pierre's advice and replaced the license in JavaWebObjects.jar (thanks a lot for all the help, Pierre!), but still no success.

Does anyone have success with SSDD builds (no WebObjects deployment installation on target machine) using the license workaround ?

Details can be found below.

Marc

Hello Pierre,

>How are you building your SSDD file? XCode or Eclipse? When you build
>the SSDD you need to include the license in the package and this the
>one that get used. In Eclipse it is at the root of the workspace. For
>XCode it is in the compound target of your application. Look in
>expert view and there is a property SERVLET_DEPLOY_LICENSE.
>You should find your License in a file inside the WEB-INF directory.

We are building our ssdd with XCode. In the target build settings we use among others

SERVLET_COPY_JARS=YES
SERVLET_SINGLE_DIR_DEPLOY=YES
SERVLET_SINGLE_DIR_DEPLOY_LICENSE=x-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
SERVLET_TRUE_WAR=NO

When I created the build target for ssdd, I created a new servlet project with the wizard and used this as template to check which settings will be used and changed.

After the build the ssdd is structured the following way:

GroupVille
+-WEB-INF
  +-GroupVille.woa
  +-classes
  +-lib
  +-Library
  +-tlds

Under the Library path are all the frameworks  stored (e.g JavaWebObjects.framework, JavaWOJSPServlet.framework...), in lib/ all the jars needed by the project.

The deployment on Mac OS 10.4 is running in the Tomcat 5.5.12 servlet container, packaged by sisuworks. Right now the webapp is running and the access to the Frontbase db is also working properly. Because I am not an experienced Tomcat admin some fine tuning needs still to be done.

On the Mac OS deployment system I did not install the WebObjects framework, I just had to set up the db, tomcat and copy the
GroupVille folder to webapps/.

I think the license is read out from license.key and not from JavaWebObjects.jar, because when I used an empty or invalid key, I received the same error message as I am getting now on windows.
At the place of JavaWebObjects.jar a javawebobjects.jar is placed under lib/ and Library/Frameworks/JavaWebObjects.framework/Resources/Java. Inside of these archives there is no License.key hidden, just the classes used for license validation.

I wish you all the best for 2006 and a happy new year

regards,

Ursin