On Mar 20, 2006, at 3:50 PM, Chuck Hill wrote:

Hi,

On Mar 20, 2006, at 12:19 PM, Andrew Satori wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply

On Mar 20, 2006, at 2:53 PM, Chuck Hill wrote:

The question of PostgreSQL versus MSSQL is not really a question in my opinion. Use PostgreSQL. In fact, I would prefer PostgreSQL over OpenBase due to its SQL92 standard-ness. FrontBase is my platform of choice, but it is not free for deployment. When free / open is required, PostgreSQL is a fine solution.

I've looked at FrontBase before, but pricing has always been an issue. I've got a large amount of money and knowledge invested in MSSQL, where I have 30+ customers nationwide deployed on MSSQL, in addition to my own business where I have several MSSQL and PostgreSQL servers deployed. For me to move to FrontBase at this point would cost me and my customers several hundreds of thousands of dollars since we would all fall into the Small Business or larger licenses :-(.

I'll blame it on Monday. I misread that the first time, thoughi it said MySQL not MSSQL. I've not used MSSQL, but it should be fine.

LOL, I can see it. It's even funnier when you understand that I won't go near MySQL with a 10ft pole for religious reasons. I have serious issues with the database mafia and GPL'd (not LGPL, but GPL) libraries to actually use the data in the database, but that's a topic for another rant entirely :-).

Andy