On Tuesday, April 25, 2006, Art Isbell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>       This error is consistent with the use of Java 1.5:

OK, I set the Java on the development machine back to 1.4.2 and it works on the
dev machine.  I also updated the Openbase JDBC driver (per Jerry Walker) and
that also worked, but I still reset Java back to 1.4.2 because the deployment
machine was not updated to Java 1.5.

I still can't seem to get the .woa (development build) to run on the deployment
machine.  My app is small, so I did not change anything from the default
regarding the build configurations.  No Split builds or anything like that.

Can someone explain to me:

1. The actual practical difference between the development and deployment build
configurations (it seems to me that they each create a folder in the build
folder called "Deployment" or "Development" and the "Deployment" version has an
alias (symbolic link?) to another location.  (I am not currently at the
development machine so I can check but it seems likely the default mentioned

/tmp/myapp.dst//Library/WebObjects/Applications/myapp.woa

is likely.  I have had some permissions issues building with XCode in the
deployment build claiming I did not have permission to write to this location.
I had to manually delete it from finder in order to build.  This brings me to
my next issue:

2. What is this .dst, do I need it, and is this working correctly that I can't
build or clean it, but need to manually overwrite it?  (if the development
build should work, I'm happy with that, but I'd still like to know)

Note there does seem to be a .woa in /Library/WebObjects/Applications and this
"runs" but this fails immediately with an exception due to no having a class
description for one of the EOs

Thanks.

Andrew