Am 03.05.2006 15:45 Uhr schrieb "James Cicenia" unter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hi James,

> Hello -
>
> Here is my issue with a new site I am developing.
>
> I have multiple lists on a page. However, in the wrapper there is a pull
> down that can will act as a filter.
The pull down should be in a form.
Then your pull down should call onchange "javascript:form.submit()"

> I had originally put my array creation in the constructor. However,
> when I
> click on my wrapper pull down, the page refreshes, but the
> constructor of the
> components is not called.
You should refresh your displayed lists in appendToResponse, filtering with
the selected entry from the pull down (the value is transfered with the
submit), either refetching or in memory filtering the corresponding
NSArrays.

> So, how do you guys solve this? Do I need to create a notification
> system or such?
Just try it this way. Be aware of the roundtripp and the computing power if
your lists are long.
This might be a nice application für ajax :-) but there is no ***short***
receipe for this...

> - James Cicenia
Wolfram