On May 14, 2006, at 11:35 AM, Kieran Kelleher wrote:

To recap, I have a dataList <<->> dataRecord many-to-many relationship that uses a join entity that EOF has made invisible to me up to now with the standard EOModeler many-to-many join which has made convenient flattened relationships, etc. So, the _real_ design is:

DataList <->> JoinDataListDataRecord <<-> DataRecord

So, if I kill the "dataRecords" flattened relationship and its corresponding unflattened relationship in DataList, I lose my propogate primary key to the join table.

Have you tried leaving all relationships in your eomodel but merely unsetting the DataList.dataRecords relationship as a class property (and, of course, removing all dataRecords accessor methods from DataList.java)?

Aloha,
Art