Am 22.05.2006 um 04:08 schrieb Jerry W. Walker:
Add the Project Wonder frameworks (as I understand) and it not only becomes robust, but comes with methods that are already available to do most anything one wants to do on the web. To substantiate this last claim, simply Google on the two phrases "Anjo Krank" and "Project Wonder" to see the number of questions that have hit this list in which Anjo's answer was "We've already done that in Project Wonder."

Actually, the search phrase should be more along the line of "bla Project Wonder bla".

Though some of us may tire of hearing that phrase from Anjo,

Who's them?? Tell me and I'll sick my boys on 'em!

he's provided a valuable service to the community to raise awareness of the incredible richness of Project Wonder when paired with D2W (for which it was originally created).

AND IT'S ALL FREE (under the appropriate circumstances).

Just how FREE can be shown with my new toy:

======================================================================== ====

bigbook:/Volumes/Home/Desktop/sloccount-2.26 ak$ ./sloccount /Users/ ak/Wonder
[...]
SLOC    Directory       SLOC-by-Language (Sorted)
53694   Common          java=53641,sh=53
10339   Adaptors        ansic=10294,csh=24,sh=21
3460    DynaReporting   java=3460
2818    Utilities       ansic=760,ruby=755,perl=698,objc=571,java=34
2627    Validity        java=2627
2445    Experimental    java=2445
1718    Ajax            java=1718
1698    Build           perl=1581,java=117
1267    Applications    java=1267
1217    SVGObjects      java=1217
1187    WOAdaptors      java=1187
1011    PlugIns         java=1011
1003    ExcelGeneration java=1003
723     PayPal          java=723
0       CVS             (none)
0       top_dir         (none)

Totals grouped by language (dominant language first):
java:         70450 (82.68%)
ansic:        11054 (12.97%)
perl:          2279 (2.67%)
ruby:           755 (0.89%)
objc:           571 (0.67%)
sh:              74 (0.09%)
csh:             24 (0.03%)

Total Physical Source Lines of Code (SLOC)                = 85,207
Development Effort Estimate, Person-Years (Person-Months) = 21.28 (255.39)
(Basic COCOMO model, Person-Months = 2.4 * (KSLOC**1.05))
Schedule Estimate, Years (Months)                         = 1.71 (20.54)
(Basic COCOMO model, Months = 2.5 * (person-months**0.38))
Estimated Average Number of Developers (Effort/Schedule)  = 12.43
Total Estimated Cost to Develop                           = $ 2,875,019
(average salary = $56,286/year, overhead = 2.40).
SLOCCount, Copyright (C) 2001-2004 David A. Wheeler
SLOCCount is Open Source Software/Free Software, licensed under the GNU GPL.
SLOCCount comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, and you are welcome to
redistribute it under certain conditions as specified by the GNU GPL license;
see the documentation for details.
Please credit this data as "generated using David A. Wheeler's 'SLOCCount'."

So basically you get in the amount of 3 million dollars, give or take a bit. Note that there is no "wo_count" tool in there, so the .html and .wod is not taken into the equation. I wouldn't be too amazed if that wasn't another million...

Cheers, Anjo