Hi Wolfram,

I hear where you're coming from; I tried to work through this book once before, but ran into all these little problems and eventually lost interest. But I am not as big a fan of the Quickpro book as some others are. I actually want a book I can work through from step to step, and I found out (after much confusion) that although that book *looks* like it would work that way, it actually doesn't and isn't meant to.

I do find the Mendis book to be seriously lacking, though, in clarity, in explanations of why things are done the way they are, and in teaching style.

Someday Chuck's beginner book will come out and all will be right with the world. :)

thanks,

janine