Hi,
I've bumped into this several times.
The problem is that enterprise objects do NOT have any primary key right after creation until they are saved into database. So when you create new instance of enterprise object (new record into database) you should run EditingContext.saveChanges() before you can access the primary key of you object.

Regards,
Gennady Kushnir