First off, you can not reply to another message and change the subject - it messes up people who view by thread, and also screws up the archived version of the list.

To answer your question, there are a few ways.  If I have minutes or hours that I want to add or subject from an existing timestamp, I use:

timestampByAddingGregorianUnits(int years, int months, int days, int hours, int minutes, int seconds)

If you have 2 timestamps and you want to do some manipulations, you really should convert it to  GregorianCalendar - I typically do this:

NSTimestamp settlementDateTime = (NSTimestamp) frame.valueForKey(Definition.settlementDate);

GregorianCalendar cal = new GregorianCalendar();
cal.setTime(settlementDateTime);
int year = cal.get(GregorianCalendar.YEAR);
int dayOfMonth = cal.get(GregorianCalendar.DAY_OF_MONTH);
int month = cal.get(GregorianCalendar.MONTH);
NSTimestamp settlementDate = new NSTimestamp(year, month+1, dayOfMonth, 0, 0, 0, TimeZone.getTimeZone("GMT"));

Ken