Hi David,

Thanks for your quick response (and for your articles in your blog). I did learn from your articles that direct actions have static bookmarkable URLs.

But I was wondering if:

(1) I did not need static bookmarkable URLs, and
(2) I needed a session to track user state, and
(3) I am using WOComponent objects to create the web pages, and
(4) the site would have a lot of users at the same time,

then which would be more efficient (from a scalability standpoint): component actions or direct actions?

And for the same 4 "requirements" of the site, my other question was whether I need a session object if all I want to do is make sure that the user is a registered user. Or can the HTTP server take care of this. If the answer is either, which is better (again from a scalability standpoint)?

Thanks.

deepak