Hi,

Has anyone done any work to optimize the way EOF saves to the database?

To be more specific, I was wondering if it would be possible to coerce EOF to use prepared statements instead of individual statements for each operation?

So instead of:

INSERT INTO table1 (col1, col2) values (1,2);
INSERT INTO table1 (col1, col2) values (3,4);

each executed as independent statements within a transaction,

EOF could issue:

PreparedStatement insertOp = con.prepareStatement("INSERT INTO table1 (col1, col2) values (?, ?)");

and then pass all the values using lower level jdbc:

insertOp.setInt(1, 1);
insertOp.setInt(1, 2);
etc...

I'm not sure of the exact jdbc syntax involved in doing this correctly. I just found a few notes about prepared statements on the Net.

Has something like this been done or is it even possible?

I would think this king of approach would make inserts, updates, and deletes faster.

Thanks,

Brendan Duddridge | CTO | 403-277-5591 x24 |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

ClickSpace Interactive Inc.
Suite L100, 239 - 10th Ave. SE
Calgary, AB  T2G 0V9

http://www.clickspace.com