On Aug 2, 2006, at 10:25 AM, john XUE wrote:

 I am using WO5.2 to open a project which is from
WO4.5. I got error message "the project '.../Projects
name' could not be opened because the 'PROJECTTYPE'
key contains unknown project type name
'WebObjectsApplication' ".

The problem is that the developer tools that you are using don't support the "WebObjectsApplication" project type. That project type was initially supported by ProjectBuilderWO, a Project Builder and Xcode predecessor. I have an old OS X 10.2.8/WO 5.2.1 partition that has this project type in /Developer/ProjectTypes and ProjectBuilderWO in /Developer/Applications, but I don't know whether ProjectBuilderWO or its "WebObjectsApplication" project type are supported on later OS X versions.

So you are probably out of luck trying to open this project using the current developer tools. An alternative would be to create a new project using the files in the old project. But you won't be able to build this project until you convert it (<http://docs.info.apple.com/ article.html?artnum=25328>).

Aloha,
Art