Hi, Fabrice (and Mike),

I've been looking off and on for an old message about locking editing contexts by Ben Trumbull of Apple since I first saw your question. It's an excellent review of WHY editing contexts must be locked whenever their EOs are referenced (not just when the EC is referenced directly).

http://lists.apple.com/archives/webobjects-dev/2004/Dec/msg00255.html

Do a search in the (rather long) message for the text string: "In reading a discussion thread about ERXEC recently," and start reading there.

Happy reading (it's worth it).

Mike:

I don't know if Ben Trumbull agreed to allowing his messages to be included in our WO Wiki, but if so, this would be an excellent explanation to put there. The question of how to lock a user created EC and how much locking is necessary comes up often on the lists. His is one of the most succinct answers I've seen that touch all the bases.

Regards,
Jerry