On 8/14/06, RedBugz Software <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 8/14/06, Chuck Hill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Aug 14, 2006, at 9:25 AM, Alan Ward wrote:
>

> > Mixing wod definitions in with html is simply rude :-) It makes
> > refactoring even more of a pain than it already
> > is (with KVC) as now you have another set of files in which
> > references may be found.
>
> I am not so fond of it myself.  I have a number of pieces of code
> that dynamically generate the WOD portion for use with canned HTML
> (or vice versa).  Changing these to having them all in one would be a
> painful task.  Luckily, the architecture of WOComponents is such that
> we don't all need to use the same parser.  Even different pages in
> the same app can use different parsers.
>
> If we are going to adapt an existing HTML editing tool for use with
> WO we probably don't have any choice but to follow the herd, discard
> the concept of WOD and merge both concepts into a single HTML file.
>
> Chuck

I believe the Spindle Eclipse plugin for Tapestry allows for these separated
files. I may be naive, but are there that many technical hurdles to allowing
name="componentName">? Both Tapestry and JSF use this convention and both
have Eclipse support, including WYSIWIG support either done or coming soon
for both.

I'm presuming that for this all to work, we'd have to do as Anjo
suggests and have the editor convert on the fly from WO tag syntax to
this, and save back as WO tag syntax. I noticed people talking about
TR's (news to me) and this <span> tag, but I don't know how that would
work with WebObjects unless there was some process in the
request/response loop know how to handle the alternative. Is there
something I'm missing here, and that we can use other tags with WO
now?

Granted, this would break WebObjects Builder, but pretty much any change is
going to do that at this point, right?

Logan