Hallo,
I would like to use different EOEditingContexts, which will then be garbage collected, when there is no reference any more.

Ok, I have read about locking in the wiki and had a look at the two solutions:
ECMultiLockManager and ERXEC

Question:
MultiLockManager:
- I see how I can use it, lock and unlock it in the session, but how can I free it? Did I understand it right: I have to unregister the new Editing Context to free it? If I have to unregister the editingContext by code, does it mean that as soon as I unregister it, it will be gone and all references which might still be there will be dismissed or does it only mean: as soon as there are no longer references and locks on it, set it free for garbage collection? Which interpretation is right? (Yes I did read the documentation, but still am not sure...)

EREXEC
It says it needs to be used exclusivlely. Does that mean, that I cannot have the session.defaultEditingContext in an App using ERXEC?

How about locking. Do I understand it correctly that ERXEC will set me free from locking the EditingContext. So I don't have to lock it in session awake/sleep?

Will EREXEC require the use of the whole of project wonder - or will it work on its own?

Thanks for some insight.

Regards

Ute