Hi Florijan,

On Oct 10, 2006, at 9:03 AM, Florijan Stamenkovic wrote:

Hi all,
I am trying to find a way to detect changes eos just *after* they happen. If possible the implementation should consider the Author object changed, if one of his Books has been unassociated / deleted.

I tried with EOEditingContext notifications, but they are posted only at save time. I also could not find anything to fit the purpose in Project Wonder, yet.

There is something there, but I forget the name.

If nothing like that exists, I am thinking of implementing it through a notification posting EOGenericRecord subclass. Any comments or tips about this?

There is a discussion and implementation of what you want in Practical WebObjects starting on page 67. You really need the help of the EC.

One more question: EOs are not automatically removed from to-many relationships after being deleted, even when their delete rule is set to nullify. Is this another client side EOClassDescription bug, or a standard behavior?

That is standard behavior. Delete rules are processed as part of the preparation work done in saveChanges(). You can call ec.processRecentChanges() to force this to happen earllier.