Hello.

Cayenne[1] ROP[2] (Remote Object Persistence) is sort of equivalent to WO/EOF Java Client.

We have also started developing a Cocoa framework[3] that let users create Cocoa applications in Objective-C that connects to a server with Cayenne using Cayenne ROP. Along with the framework is also a sample client application. See screenshot[4].

Most of the basic stuff are working. Cocoa bindings are working. Relationship handling with automatic setting of reverse relationships the Cayenne way are working. Deleting, Named Queries, Committing and Faulting are working. CocoaCayenne also has a custom NSArrayController that makes life a lot easier.

The network communication in Cayenne ROP are pluggable, but the default implementation uses hessian[5]. CocoaCayenne uses HessianObjC [6].

Things to do:
* Better field validation. Like max string length and better error messages. * Authentication. Currently username and password are stored in the hessian service url. * Support for ROP distributed events. Cayenne ROP uses XMPP to distribute events between clients. * Core Data. CocoaCayenne are working with bindings and controllers, but full Core Data support would be cool. I do not know if this is possible or even needed..

Regards,
 - Tore.
[1] http://incubator.apache.org/cayenne/
[2] http://cwiki.apache.org/CAYDOC/remote-object-persistence- introduction.html