On 19 Oct 2006, at 18:53, John Huss wrote:

I'd like the component to have a variable number of columns as well as
rows and have it just fill in the grid to look just like an SQL result
set.

I've got something kind of working using a repetition around the
columns (and rows), but I was hoping something was out there that was
a little more advanced, allowing easier ways to still specify
formatting, column order, totaling, sorting, etc.

Standard WORepetition usage is pretty easy; it's hard to imagine it getting much easier. However, you might want to take a look at WOTable, although I am not sure that it would really add much to whatever you have already done. Totals are also easy if you are aware of @sum (etc) array operators.

I tend to believe that if you look at the problem from the right angle, a simple solution will just drop out.

Paul