sorry, pressed the send button too soon...

I too have mixed feelings about WOBuilder. With all its bugs, it is still faster to bind a WOString to Session.observatory.controlRoom.telescope.positioningInstruments.current PointingModel.declination using WOBuilder then type it.... And it is less error prone...

I do not like making announcements like a Microsoft sales rep and never keep them, but I will make an exception. When the Leopard seed came first out, I (as usual) started investigating all new goodies by trying to develop a moderately difficult application. This time my seed came almost the same time as Cliff's late summer announcements, so I naturally decided to write a WOBuilder replacement :-)

How far am I? Well, I can already do the operation I described above using my app. Not much more, but for something I spent not more then 30 min a day not that shabby too. So, do not expect it to be ready too soon, but soon enough for "Apple's transition plan"...

Actually, to call my attempts WOBulder replacement is not very correct. My focus is on correctly laying out DIVs, CSS, and Wonder's AJAX framework. And yes, it also makes WO bindings and understands from Xcode integration (I see Chuck's and Anjo's faces :-) One neat idea I am really proud of is the "Project's Component Catalogue"... Another is that actually I have a forth view - called provisionally "The Real Thing" that simulates what will happen if one actually executes the WOApplication by putting fake values for the WO elements... OK, more on this later.

cheers

gt