I personally stay away from using nested editing contexts, because I have been lost days of development a couple of times now by the state of the database context being mangled inexplicably when using a nested editing context. However, the exact same code works fine whenever I use a peer editing context rather than a nested editing context. No one posting to the list seems to have had these types of problems, however, so it might be specific to something else I was doing, but there is definitely some set of circumstances under which nested editing contexts do not work as advertised (and in a very frustrating, misleading way). At any rate, if you don't need any of the functionality you get from a nested editing context, I would avoid it and just create new (peer) editing contexts as needed.