Just so I feel a bit more of a commitment and to lay out some of a schedule...

I have plans that are very likely to come through (backpedaling :-) )

The plan is to release a WebObjects open source project later this summer.

This will be no project WOnder. Yet it will be quite a big project covering many areas of WebObjects:

- Foundation, EOControl, EOAccess extensions
- WO appserver extensions to handle backtracking, load CSS and JS files, ...
- Custom qualifiers
- Rule engine compatible with .d2wmodel files: good caching, nested contexts,... . Unlike Apple's implementation this depends only on the foundation and control layers - Strict MVC component frameworks. Providing high level components (form, list, table,...) configured using immutable descriptor objects, ...
- Generic controller classes for a CRUD type application
- Extensions of said controllers using the above rule engine. The result is a highly extensible alternative to D2W
- Rule based validation framework, based on the same rule engine
- Rule based message / exception handling based again on the same rule engine

Keep your eyes open ...
Wish me luck

Pierre Bernard
Houdah Software s.à r.l.