On 15.06.2007, at 14:06, Dov Rosenberg wrote:

Project Wonder should be incorporated into EOF/WO ASAP by Apple.

No, it shouldn't. They should take some of the ideas and add them to the core, but they should definitely not "integrate Wonder". Wonder is a huge framework maintained by a community that can react quickly without the hazzle of going through release cycles and having updates only coming with new Xcode versions.

Yes, WO should get some of the features of Wonder (like editingContext locking), but integrating it: No.

The last major upgrade to EOF was the daylight savings time update. Before that was probably the move to 5.0 from 4.x. I still love WO. I just wish Apple would give it more respect and realize that the rest of the world would benefit from it.

I see a couple of things lacking, but none of these aren't fixed either in Wonder or in other frameworks. So, why should I move away from WebObjects? And what is it exactly that you're missing?

cug