Hi Jess,

We've been using lots of prototype, excellent for ajax and is the basis for script.aculo.us. Scriptaculous/Prototype are the basis for the Project Wonder ajax framework, which is a great way to get started doing ajax with wo.

Prototype:
http://www.prototypejs.org/

Wonder:
http://wonder.sourceforge.net/

some Ajax framework docs, but download the Ajax Examples with project wonder. http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Programming:WebObjects/Project_WONDER/ Frameworks/Ajax

It should be noted that starting to use ajax with your apps (if you are going to account for and deal with all of the possible error states) has a high development time cost, especially as your codebase grows.

These days we are doing an ever increasing amount of ajax work. We use a mixture of prototype, project wonder, and our own JS (which we will probably be deprecating since prototype does an excellent job). The apps that we're using it in range from forms with related pulldowns/form fields that change fairly often, in place page replacement and editing, and basically any time we want to avoid a page refresh. We've found that once you've ajaxified one portion of your app, it isn't long before everything is ajax.

later,

asa