On 9 août 07, at 16:34, Pascal Robert wrote:
http://www.jamesward.org/census/

Look like Adobe's claims that AMF3 is 75% faster than SOAP are true.

yes, but I guess you have to use some external libs, or even worth flex data server (FDS) which cost a LOT of money.

Anyway, Using Flex and WO is working well, even you have to drop all the wocomponent coolness.

So I guess it's 100% SOAP and Direct Actions in your case ? How do you handle data push and conflicts ?

We don't :(
Otherwise, you can use a kind of lock similar to vim (data is locked, you can remove if you are sure of what you are doing).

and you will need to develop you app differently (it's not a web page any more).

That's the whole point :-)

I know, but for the reporting, It worth it, and it's really easier to do than a complex AJAX UI (+ you may have less connexions to the server compared to ajax).