2007/10/29, Mike Schrag <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> 2007/10/29, Jeffrey Simpson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >
> > We often use tags to pass values into a piece of JavaScript.  Will the
> > tags
> > be parsed?
>

> Sure!
> The only case, where some problems occur (but probably it works) is
>
> var myStr = "My Name is <webobject name="MyName" />";
>
> in this case you should use <webobject name=MyName /> without quote.
>
> Wait, are you answering for WO 5.4 or the WOLips validator. This sounds
> like the WOLips validator, which also sounds like a bug that you can't use
> name = "whatever" inside of javascript quotes.  I honestly don't know for
> 5.4 -- I haven't tested this out.

Well, I used name="whatever" inside quote, and it worked in WO 5.3  (I've
not 5.4), but I remember I used it also in another component and in the
runtime (I don't remember the class, while generating the HTML) it gives an
exception (Tag Not Valid if I remember, sorry but It was last year). After I
remove the quotes it works perfectly.

ms

--
Daniele Corti
AIM: S0CR4TE5

--
Computers are like air conditioners -- they stop working properly if you
open

--
What about the four lusers of the apocalypse? I nominate:
"advertising", "can't log in", "power switch" and "what backup?"